Recent Events: 10 Sept ’39

8 Sept:Polish defenders at Westerplatte surrendered
9 Sept: Battle of the Bzura begins.
9 Sept: British Expeditionary Forces (BEF) began landing in France.
10 Sept: Canada declared war on Germany.

Disclaimer

This game references the Savage Worlds game system, available from Pinnacle Entertainment Group. Savage Worlds, Weird Wars, Weird War II, and all associated logos and trademarks are copyrights of Pinnacle Entertainment Group. Pinnacle makes no representation or warranty as to the quality, viability or suitability of this web site.

Rendezvous in Mewe – Pt. 6

At the Ruins: Seven takes a snapshot from the cover of the doorway and hits the one remaining German soldier in the room in the left eye, painting the wall a crimson red.  The body stays upright for a few heartbeats, a surprised look on the soldiers face before he slowly crumples to the ground.  The room is now empty. Not to be outdone, Scope takes careful aim and gives the Wehrmacht officer a lobotomy.  The soldier standing next to him grabs his body as it falls backwards and both disappear from view. Röcke avoids the horses, who have begun to rear up, and lobs a grenade through the doorway.  It explodes and the sounds of moans and screams fill the air.  The two doors in the doorway are on the ground looking very dead. The machine gunner shakes his head but remains dazed and confused.  Thor shoots at him but his bullets hit the exterior of the building. Knuckles prepares himself as he detects at least a dozen soldiers incoming through the woods to the east. At the Boat: Suez and Lucky keep a careful eye on the situation, watching the crew carefully as several run down the gangplank with rifles out, but stay on the dock. GM Notes:
  • Lucky - they aren't leaving, nor are they heading up to the ruins, so I'm not sure what you want to do.
  • Suez and Knuckles - I gave you holding actions.  If you want to do something at the end of the previous turn (prior to this one), let me know.
  • The horses are likely going to bolt next round.  In the tight space, it will likely be dangerous to everyone involved, including the horses.
  • Vitals page has been updated.

8 comments to Rendezvous in Mewe – Pt. 6

  • Seven will run into the room and go up the stairs. He wants to finish off the machine gunner and get ahold of the gun. He will shoot any Germans he sees along the way, taking cover if needed.

  • Scope chambers another round. Letting his breath out halfway, he’ll attempt a shot at the gunner. He suspects the gunner will have an AG, but tries not to think about it.

  • Shades, the cover of darkness works both ways! Seeing the boatmen hold their position, Lucky readies his second Vis and makes a run for it up the path. Hopefully, Suez glimpses him and gets the idea.

    OOC: Ready second Vis, run toward H1.

  • –Disregard the previous thing about ‘quietly!

    Knuckles busts that window open to see if he can get a shot at anybody through it.

    OOC We started again right at my busiest time, Gazette making month! Will try to get back in the habit.

    • Bob Gamemaster

      Actually, you could do the quietly thing last round. You see a room full of dead bodies and Seven crouched in the doorway. You can see into the back of the other room and see some bodies there as well. Unless you correct me, I am going to assume you are turning your attention to the troops approaching from the East. You go last this round, so you can always chime in after the fact with what you want to do.

  • Suez quietly aims downrange and waits. He’ll draw a bead on any muzzle flash that seems to be pointed toward the dock. (OOC: on hold.)

  • “OUT!!” Ok, I think its time to leave… I will grab Thor and push him back out the way we came. We will turn right and head towards the opening in the wall at Q18 to see if Scope needs any help getting away, then we will wait for Seven to come out…depending on what shows up from the East. Either way, we all should try to get back to the rendezvous point in the forest by the road and regroup.

    • Bob Gamemaster

      Well, this was a good idea, but it wouldn’t of mattered as the grenade that maimed Thor (as depicted in the next installment) happened before your action in the initiative order. I chose what I thought was a logical course of action for you under the circumstances (shoot that bastard).

Leave a Reply